Santa Barbara Applied Research Inc. is pleased to announce the award of a new multi-year contract to provide Logistics Support Services to the Department of the Air Force, 21st Space Wing Headquarters, Peterson AFB.
Under the contract, SBAR will provide personnel, supervision, transportation, equipment, vehicles and all services necessary to implement a comprehensive logistics program at six (6) Air Force Bases including Buckley, FE Warren, Malmstrom, Peterson, Schriever and Vandenberg. Options in the contract contain provisions for providing additional support to Los Angeles AFB and Patrick AFB. SBAR’s Mission under the contract is to provide worldwide logistics support to the war fighter ensuring that resources are available for total combat readiness. To that end, services include:
- Implementation of a Quality Control Program
- Operation of the Logistics Support Center
- Base Supply and HAZMART Services
- Cargo Movement and Screening
- Fuels Management
- Fuels Refueler Vehicle Maintenance
- Missile Maintenance Materiel Control
- Support to Real World Events, Deployments, and Exercises
- Disaster Preparedness
The new 5-year contract is valued at $99 Million. A 30-day Phase-in period will begin on 30 September 2007. Full production under the contract will commence 1 November 2007 and extend through the option periods until 31 October 2012.